The Friends of Highgate Library (FOHL) was set up in 1995 by local volunteers. We aim to protect, support and promote use of Highgate Library, Chester Road, London N19.
We organise regular meetings when speakers, usually writers, talk about their work.
We produce a regular newsletter which is delivered to members. This includes advance information about meetings. We invite members to take part in FOHL activities and to express their views and ideas, particularly at the AGM.
Highgate Library was opened on 18th October 1906. It was the first public library in St Pancras, and is now a Grade II listed building. The £4,000 to build it was given by Andrew Carnegie and Burdett Coutts, and the Duke of Bedford provided the site.
Follow us on social media:
Friends of Highgate Library (FOHL)
Highgate Library, London N19, was opened in 1906. It is now a Grade II listed building. Friends of Highgate Library (FOHL) was set up in 1995 by local volunteers to support and promote use of the library. We now have a charitable foundation.